Business Development Specialist
Bloom is looking to add a specialist/coordinator role to its team to assist with the day-to-day operations of the Business Development functions. The primary responsibilities of this individual will be to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Bus Dev activities, ultimately to help grow the business overall. This position requires excellent communication skills, an overly optimistic and positive attitude, and the willingness/ability to work in a sometimes chaotic, small-business environment. The ideal candidate has experience working in a winery tasting room, or has been responsible for DTC Sales in a winery or wine retail environment.
The Business Development Specialist will be in charge of delivering Bloom software product demonstrations to potential clients, managing demo site readiness, maintaining ActiveCampaign CRM along with other sales tools and documents, assisting in client meetings as needed, preparing reports on various topics and, overall, making sure our sales processes are running smoothly, thereby making our clients happy.
This position demands that you are detail driven. Sometimes you'll feel like you are balancing a spinning plate while juggling three balls, and walking a tightrope, but this doesn't scare you. You think of yourself as a problem solver and a very quick learner, and you are at home in a technical, collaborative, team environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute product demos for potential clients
- Manage demo webstore functionality, including cleanliness, organization and new feature integration
- Maintain sales tools and documents, create/generate reports
- Maintain database of customer accounts, including details on implementation
- Respond to incoming inquiries (live chat, email, etc.) as needed
- Conduct discovery calls, prepare notes, create/maintain ActiveCampaign Deals as needed
Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business, Applied Science or equivalent job experience
- Professional, friendly demeanor and attitude, whether working with clients (potential or current), or with co-workers
- Highly articulate, confident and effective communication skills (written, face-to-face, on the phone, Zoom/Web meeting)
- Experience in the wine industry with specific knowledge of winery DTC, E-commerce and POS platforms - preferably Orderport, WineDirect, Commerce7 or similar
- Solid understanding of core internet technologies and content management systems (Wordpress, Squarespace, Wix, etc.)
- Ability to manage timelines, complete tasks, identify opportunities, solve problems or conduct research on an independent basis with minimal or no supervision
- Proficient in Excel/Office-type products
- Optimistic and positive attitude, always
- Great collaborator, quick thinker, and team player
- Very detailed oriented
- Quality focused
- Ideally, a resident of Western Washington, although PNW or West Coast would be acceptable