February 14, 2018
- NEW: Our first Shopify POS app for Bloom. Add member discounts to a POS order. Just add your customer, then click the three dot icon (•••) in the upper right. Select 'Add member discount' and our app will take care of the rest!
- UPDATE: You no longer need to update waiting list email in Bloom Settings before using the Bulk Actions feature. Now when adding or removing memberships from the waiting list, you can elect to send the members and email, and update the contents of that email as part of the bulk actions process.
- FIX: Products no longer require an image when adding Product Specifications. The view used to error, but now it simply displays a placeholder icon for the missing image.
The Bloom ShipCompliant integration is now production ready. Bring it on!
January 30, 2018
- NEW: Three new emails you can send from the Email tab in Bloom: Failed Payments, Account Activation, and Preparing Club Orders. Simply select the email type you want to send, pick your members, edit the text of the email and send.
- NEW: Returns now work as expected for Authorize.net users. No need to go into the gateway for basic refunds and order cancellations. Just use the Refund button as you would for any Shopify order. See the Bloom Help Center for details.
- UPDATE: We've made updates or our ShipCompliant integration, fixing discount quantities, mapping shipping rates in Shopify to the correct carrier codes in ShipCompliant, and we even allow for shipping address overrides.
- UPDATE: Updated the core Shopify gem so Bloom is running the latest and greatest code provided by Shopify.
WAWGG Conference: The Bloom team will have a booth at the WAWGG trade show Feb 6-7. Stop by our booth #159!
January 10, 2018
- FIX: Inventory is deprecated correctly when orders are created from batched orders.
- FIX: When deleting a member's failed payment, the corresponding draft order is now deleted as well.
We're continuing to work on new email features, as well as improvements to our ShipCompliant integration.
January 5, 2018
Happy New Year everyone! Today was our first release of 2018. Let us know if you have questions.
- NEW: Shipcomplaint integration is complete. Shopify products, orders, and fulfillments are now synced when products or orders are saved. Contact us if you need Shipcomplaint setup.
- NEW: For waitlisted membership levels you can change the label of the Join button. Before it defaulted to 'Join waiting list'. Now it can be labeled it to what best matches your needs.
- NEW: Customers and Orders now have a new sales-type: Volunteer. This should be used when you give wines to your volunteers as payment for their work.
- NEW: Membership levels now have an option for 'Not applicable' if you don't want to display a shipping frequency. This would be used when your club shipments aren't sent on a standard schedule.
- FIX: Gallons report accuracy and performance updates
December 12, 2017
- NEW: You can now send emails to members who are missing billing information, have expired credit cards, or have abandoned the sign-up process. Just click the new Email tab in Bloom and you'll see the three options. You can first filter by membership level, or status to send to specific membership segments. Three more email types are in the works, so stay tuned.
- FIX: Gallons reports now only display orders with AVB that is greater than 0, and only orders that have been fulfilled.
- FIX: We fixed a lot of small bugs and user interface enhancements.
December 1, 2017
- NEW: In Bloom reports, the distributor ID can be displayed if you have added their ID to the customer's default sales type.
- FIX: Also in gallons reports, ABV is now being calculated correctly for POS orders that don't have a shipping address.
November 17, 2017
Version 0.7.0 has been released and includes Gallons reports! You can generate reports on how many gallons of wine, by alcohol content, you shipped in and out of state. Bloom customers can access reports using the new Reports tab in the main Bloom navigation. There are a lot of features that affect reports. Here are some things Bloom users need to know:
- The products that you sell through your Shopify store, and through the Bloom app, need product specifications added to them. This will include container type, container volume, and AVB. For example: Bottle, 750ml, 14.5%. You need to add product specifications before reports will show gallons and AVB data. Learn about how to add products specifications here.
- Once you are done adding product specs, then all new orders will contain the information Bloom needs for Gallons reports. But what about old orders? To update your old orders with the new product data you need to use the Sync shop metadata feature. This can be found in the Gallons report, using the More actions drop down. See the Gallons Report documentation for details.
- After you've updated your historical orders, you can begin using the Gallons report. Filter orders by sales type, in state or out of state, and date range. Export your views to CSV or XLSX format, using the More actions drop down.
We have more report types coming in the future. Your feedback on gallons reporting is wanted and welcomed.
November 10, 2017
- NEW: Product Specifications are available in the Settings tab. On 10/14 we launched this feature, but you could only access specs from the product detail view in Shopify. Now, just go to Settings in Bloom, then click the Products sub tab. There you can add or edit product specifications for all your wines. See the Bloom Help Center for details.
- NEW: Basic Ship Compliant integration. In Bloom Settings, there is now a new Integrations tab. There you'll see fields for connecting with Ship Compliant. After a connection is made, your products will sync over. This feature is still in-the-works. Our hope is to have the full integration complete in a couple weeks.
- FIX: We've fixed a few small bugs our customers have pointed out. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
October 24, 2017
- NEW: You can now view deleted memberships on the Membership list view. This allows admins to bring back old members. Just add a new membership for them and they become a current member.
- NEW: Gallons will now appear on order specifications. This is the next step towards compliance reporting.
- NEW: Orders are now tagged with a lot of new data, including variant ID, product type, gallons for each product on the order, and more. Tags are auto-updated each time the order is saved. Even for refunds. Another piece of the reporting puzzle.
- FIX: Memberships now load in order they were created. This allows admins to immediately see new memberships at the top of the list.
October 14, 2017
Bloom now has a solid foundation for saving metadata on customers, products, and orders. "What the heck is metadata?", you ask. Metadata is extra information that describes something. For instance, we can now store the alcohol by volume of your wine. Or the sales type of an order. We will need this information for our next big feature, Reporting.
- NEW: Customers, Orders, and Products now have editable metadata fields. You access these fields using the More Actions drop-down on the detail view of one of those products. For example, go to Products in Shopify and click on a product to open the detail view. Now from the More Actions drop-down select 'Edit product specifications'. You'll be taken to a view that allows you to define the AVB, volume, unit of measure and package type. We recommend reading the documentation in our Help Center for details.
- NEW: Billing status is now a new column (and drop down filter) on the Memberships listing view. Billing status and membership status combined gives you a much clearer picture of a membership's settings. You can now tell if a membership has an expired credit card, or no credit card on file. Abandoned memberships (they don't contain shipping or billing information) are also called out with new icons.
- NEW: The membership and payment status icons are now displayed on the membership detail view. This addition simply visually aligns the listing view with the detail view. Sweet!
- UPDATE: Expiration dates for credit cards are now drop-downs and not a field. Expire dates are now being saved differently in the database which required us to change the interface to ensure what is entered by the user follows date formats.
October 5, 2017
We're now on version 0.6.0! The reason we updated the minor version is that we're laying the groundwork for some major new features. We'll keep you posted as things develop.
- NEW: The Memberships listing now has a Filter by Membership Status option. This allows you to quickly see only your current, waitlisted, or abandoned memberships and filter out the others.
- UPDATED: We're adding a lot of 'plumbing' for some large features coming down the pike. These include writing a lot of automated tests that help us deliver bug-free updates. We now have a solid structure to add metadata to orders, customers, and products in Shopify. For instance, the ABV of a bottle of wine, a customers default type (like Wholesale), or club specifics saved on an order. These updates will lead new reporting features and better integration between Bloom and other services (like Ship Compliant). And, we're updating all flows that send email, so you can ensure the right email content is being sent when you perform certain actions like waitlisting a membership or sending account activation emails.
September 29, 2017
- NEW: Update billing emails can now be sent in bulk. These work the same way as the Account Activation emails work. First, in the Shopify admin select the customers you want to include. We recommend using your saved search tabs to select a club level. Second, using the Bulk Actions feature you select 'Send update billing email'. This will start the processing and sending of emails. Note we'll only send emails to club members who have already activated their account and aren't on a waiting list. If your selection includes all members, we'll just send emails to members that meet the criteria. One limitation you need to be aware of is that you can only select 50 customers at a time. If you select more the email processing won't start.
- NEW: The Memberships listing now uses icons for the membership status. A green check means the membership is current. Yellow clock means the membership is on the waitlist. A dash means there isn't membership information, which we call an abandoned membership.
- NEW: The Memberships listing now combines both current memberships and waitlisted. You can move members to and from the waitlist using the new Bulk Actions drop down. This is the first step in adding several new bulk actions to the memberships view, providing administrators a way to quickly update memberships without the need to click and view the details view. A new Filter by Status is coming early next week, that will make the listing even better!
- FIX: We improved the local tax code lookup so that more readable errors appear in the rare case the lookup fails.
September 23, 2017
- NEW: Resend Account Activation emails in bulk. We're excited where we are headed with bulk emails. Here is how the first version works. First, in the Shopify admin select the customers you want to include. We recommend using your saved search tabs to select a club level. Second, using the Bulk Actions feature you select 'Send activation email'. This will start the processing and sending of emails. Note we'll only send emails to club members who aren't on a waiting list. If your selection includes all members, don't worry, we won't resend them activation emails. One limitation you need to be aware of is that you can only select 50 customers at a time. If you select more the email processing won't start.
- UPDATE: The Authorize.net integration is complete. We're currently only using it for new Bloom customers. If you're interested in upgrading, let us know. The only real advantage is Authorize.net now supports automatic credit card updating. USA ePay is due to have this feature around Spring 2018.
September 18, 2017
- NEW: Waitlisted memberships now show when their billing was updated. Just go to Memberships and click the Waitlisted subtab. You will see a new column for Billing Updated. Click on the column header to sort by date.
- NEW: Updates to core payment capture features as Bloom will soon offer support for Authorize.net and other payment gateways.
- FIX: Minor speed improvements to order processing.
- FIX: The Washington State tax service now works properly, after the state made changes without notifying us.
- UPDATE: Our core server-side software, Ruby on Rails was updated to the latest version, 5.1.4, adding new features and better performance.
September 9, 2017
- FIX: When editing Wine Options, if Add Quantity was clicked, the result would be quantities fields added to all options. Now it works as expected: just the option you're editing will have a quantity field added.
- FIX: Expanded background services to support more clients running simultaneous processes.
- FIX: Misc performance, software updates, and interface adjustments: don't want to bore you with the minor details of these.
July 27, 2017
- NEW: We finally have our first round of updates to the Memberships listing. Now, you can initiate a member order from the list. Go to the Memberships tab, find your membership and click the Create Order button. Sweet!
- NEW: In addition to the Create Order button, you can also edit membership notes. Just find your membership, click the note and a modal will pop up. Make updates and save. It's much faster than having to load the member details. Also sweet!
- NEW: Failed payments won't ever block you from batching a membership again. Now, if a payment fails, a draft order will be created. The Batch report will still show that the payment failed, but now you will be linked to the draft order, or you can just attempt to reprocess that draft order right from Bloom.
- UPDATE: There are a lot of updates to order creation from Bloom. Now, member discounts and shipping address will be pre-populated on an order created from Bloom. And, we've made performance update to the background processing, which made the entire application feel faster!
- UPDATE: When viewing the list of waitlisted memberships, you can now check ALL, instead of needing to check each membership one-by-one, when removing the waitlisted status for multiple memberships.
July 9, 2017
- NEW: Members can now have their wine selections added to a waiting list. This new feature is used primarily for customer choice memberships, where the winery has run out of a particular wine, but still want members to add it to their allocation with a waitlist status. Future addition: Wine selections that are waitlisted for members won't be added to batches when creating club shipments. See Wine Option documentation for more details.
- FIX: When a member logs into the website and views their membership details, we've added a button for 'Add or Edit Wine Options'. This makes it much easier for members to locate where to click in order to change their wine preferences.
- FIX: When creating batches, or managing waiting list memberships, it is now easier to check or uncheck the boxes next to membership. Just click or tap anywhere on the row and the checkboxes will toggle. This is especially nice on mobile/tablet.
July 3, 2017
- NEW: Membership detail view has a redesign, so it is more tablet and smartphone friendly.
- NEW: Related to the new membership detail design, you can now view Bloom inside the Shopify app. Navigate to Store/Apps. This is a better way to access Bloom on the iPad, vs. using the Shopify Admin (website).
- NEW: You can now select a flat-rate shipping amount for all your wine club shipments. Example: for any membership level, you could set a $20 rate, and every club shipment would be charged $20, regardless of box weight or destination.
June 23, 2017
- NEW: Shopify's POS has a new look, but still no tipping feature :(
- NEW: You can set the visibility of wine options, so the option won't appear on your website, but will appear if a member is logged in. This lets you have 'member only' options.
- FIX: There was a bug in Microsoft Edge browser that wasn't displaying icons in buttons. That is now fixed.
June 8, 2017
- NEW: Bloom's interface now matches Shopify's theme, with new colors and font styling.
June 6, 2017
- NEW: Shopify has launched their new admin interface. You can read about it here.
- FIX: Using the Bloom admin on iPad has been improved, providing the ability to click on the entire row to advance to a membership, or batch detail.
- FIX: Improved form validation when new members are added. These improvements will assist us with new sign up forms we'll be working on in the near future.
May 31, 2017
- FIX: In rare cases, the Join button on wine club sign up pages wasn't displaying.
- FIX: Now, when checking the 'Use Shipping address for Billing' checkbox, the address will auto-populate, making adding new members that much faster.
- FIX: Changed the orders of the sub-tabs under Batches, and changed 'Ready to Process' tab label to 'Saved'.
May 27, 2017
- NEW: Bloom Settings tab is now divided into sub-tabs, so it's not so long to scroll.
- FIX: Quantities weren't calculating properly on the final confirmation screen when batching orders.
- FIX: Some modal dialogs would intermittently not save.
- DOCS: We're continually updating our help documentation. See the new Batches section for a glimpse into how all of our documentation will look moving forward.
May 25, 2017
- NEW: When creating orders in Bloom, the processing now happens in the more graceful background-process.
- NEW: All new Create Order flow for members (we used to call this Quick Order). Now, member orders are created in Shopify. The benefit of this is that you have total control over all aspects of the order. Please review the docs before using this new feature.
- FIX: Bug with the sending of wine club email for pick-up orders.
- DOCS: We're continually updating our help documentation.
- Shopify has released their new discounts interface. There are a few enhancements, but honestly not as advanced as I'd hoped. Our plan is to put our own discount features in place that work better for wineries and club members.
- We'll be launching a new website next week. It's all built on the Shopify platform. Stay tuned.
May 19, 2017
- NEW: Wine club members can now update their allocations and wine preferences from their My Memberships page. Before, only Bloom administrators could make updates.
- NEW: Bloom now prevents the deleting of Membership Levels and Product Options that have memberships. This would create orphaned memberships, which no one wants.
- FIX: Updated iPad touch actions and page scrolling so the interface feels more app-like.
- FIX: The next time you log into Bloom, you may see that you need to update the app. Don't be alarmed. We need to do this for boring, technical reasons.
- DOCS: There are a lot of new features, so we're working on updating our docs to reflect those.
- We're almost done with the new Quick Order flow. Stay tuned!
May 15, 2017
- NEW: Added MailChimp integration with Bloom. Now, details about your club members can be added to a club-specific list in MailChimp.
- NEW: Added the ability to change the content of emails that are sent to members on your waiting lists.
- NEW: Added logic to Shipment emails, so pick up customers can receive a different message than ship customers.
- FIX: Removed Bloom's dependency on jQuery, which was causing issues with some themes.
- FIX: Many small updates throughout the application to make it more performant and easier to use.
- DOCS: A few updates to the documentation for MailChimp integration in Settings.
- We're working on a host of new features, including better Quick Ordering, improved Membership listing, and Reporting. Stay tuned!
April 3, 2017
- NEW: Added the ability to reorder membership options by dragging and dropping the option lists on the dashboard.
- NEW: Added a 'Waitlisted' badge on My Memberships and the Admin view to let users know the membership level is in Waiting List status.
- FIX: Correctly calculate quantities when previewing batches before creating orders.
- FIX: Adding new members in the Bloom admin will now correctly tag the customer in Shopify.
- DOCS: A few updates to the documentation.
March 22, 2017
- FIX: Bug where wine options aren't properly added to memberships when importing members who don't have billing information.
- FIX: In Bloom admin, made validation less strict so partial memberships can be created without error messages appearing.
- DOCS: Added new section in How To's on selling to members using the POS.
Feb 28, 2017
- NEW: Waiting Lists for Membership Levels. You can now put an entire membership level into waitlisted status, forcing all new club signups to be put on the waiting list. Doing so will change the 'Join' button to read 'Join Waiting List'. Additionally you can update the intro text of the Join process to that it is different when waitlisted vs. not waitlisted.
- FIX: Dragging and re-ordering of membership levels, wine lists, and wine options. Now there is a small icon in the top right of every draggable box that you should click to drag.
- FIX: Discounts now show '--' on the Wine Clubs tab if a discount hasn't been created for a level. If there are multiple discount tiers, all discounts will display.
- DOCS: Adding How To's to documentation and other random updates to the help section.
- General performance improvements throughout the application.
Feb 21, 2017
- NEW: We've completed the first phase of the waitlist feature. As a Bloom admin, you can now put an individual membership on a waitlist. Details on how can be found in our help section. This first phase includes the administrative side of the feature and only pertains to individual memberships. In a future release, we will add the ability to put an entire membership level into a waitlist status, which will change the 'Join' button on your website to read 'Join the Waitlist'. Also, waitlist emails aren't hooked up but again, will be soon.
- NEW: You can now edit the body text on the first view of the Join page. This is the page you see right after a member clicks the join button on your wine club page. This will come in handy if you have a club that is waitlisted. You can change the text so it provides a clear message to the new member that the club is waitlisted. This new field is on the Edit Membership Level page labeled "Intro Message" message'.
- NEW: Account activation emails within Bloom. Before we relied solely on Shopify to send the account activation emails to new members. Now Bloom can send them when we import customers. In the future, we'll allow admins to send activations any time, to members who aren't already activated.
- Bloom now prevents admins from deleting memberships that have been added to a batch. We found bad things happen when they are deleted.
- If a discount isn't set for membership level, then the Successfully Processed email members receive will not display a -$0.00 discount.
Feb 6, 2017
- Quantities have been added to the membership detail view in Bloom app admin. Before, when viewing a member's membership you could only see the membership level and wine options. Now it also displays the quantity selected by the member.
- Additionally on the membership detail view, if the member doesn't have a credit card stored on file, the app will display 'No card on file'. If they do have a saved card, it will display the last 4 digits of the card.
- Additional content added to the support documentation, specifically Shipping, Discounts, How Credit Cards are Stored, and a new section just on the Batches feature.
Jan 29, 2017
- NEW: State Tax Settings. Add and remove states where you need to collect state sales tax. Simply select the state and enter a valid zip code in that state, and taxes will be collected.
- NEW: Manage Email Notifications. There are times when you don't want to auto-send emails after processing club memberships. Check the email types you want to send, uncheck the types that you don't.
- NEW: Support and documentation available within the Bloom application. Just click the question mark icon in the bottom right. Let us know what documentation you'd like us to add. We'll continually keep this updated.
- Removed old support links that used to be in the footer under the Bloom logo.
Jan 23, 2017
- NEW: Bloom Documentation and Support. Our clients can now access how-to documentation and contact support from www.bloom.wine. Just click Help in the navigation, or click the "?" icon in the bottom right of the page. We will continue to add content to the Help section. In an upcoming release, we will add this feature to the Bloom app.
- NEW: Tiered discounts. Now you can add multiple quantity-based discounts to membership levels. The most common use for tiered discounts will be larger discounts for case purchases.
- Layout updates to Wine Club listings on your website that fixes spacing bugs on in some themes.
- Processed batches list now displays up to 100 records before pagination appears.
- Changed the term 'Frequency' to 'Shipping Frequency' to reduce confusion by members. Added new shipping frequency options for membership levels that last more than a year.
Jan 1, 2017
Bloom's official beta release. Included are all core features used by pilot clients.